Monday, August 29, 2011

An Interview with Kim Hyun Joo

Arirang TV's "Star Focus" interview with Kim Hyun Joo. The interview took place a year ago at the publication of her needlework essay. But I still like to share it to everyone.

Kim Hyun Joo is always remembered as a bubbly and funny actress. Star Focus goes in depth on our shining star Kim Hyun Joo who makes those around her happy with her pleasant smile as she transforms into a writer.




________________________________________________________


KHJ: Hello Arirang TV Showbiz Extra viewers, I'm Kim Hyun Joo. I think we're meeting up after a long time. I'm extremely happy to meet you.

Q: How have you been?


KHJ: I've been spending each day busily. I think it's been a long time for our Arirang TV viewers since we last met. I finished the drama called "Partner" last summer and now have released a book. For the past few months until now, I've been focusing on my book.



Q: Needlework essay?

KHJ: As a hobby I've been making things through needlework and knitting. When that built up to 10 years, the things I made were filled with memories and trivial stories. I wanted to introduce my productions and show people how to make it and I think it's a book filled with memories for the past 15 years since my debut and also a chance to tell everyone about it through this book.




Q: Did you expect the first edition to be sold out?

KHJ: Honestly I didn't get my hopes up. Because just the process of making this book was to me very cherishable and important and I thought that even just the fact that this book is out was a success. But the response was amazing during the pre-sales and I was extremely thankful and happy. And hearing that it was sold out made me happier. Do show me more interest.

Q: Future production plans?

KHJ: I'll be returning soon. There are many actually (laughs). I said that I wanted to try this and that but the book-making process was tough. But it was an enjoyable work. And since it was something I've never experienced before it felt new and fun, so I want to try it more but am hesitant to do so, wondering if everyone else would like it or not. OK. I'll do it. Hahaha.




SF: Maybe a small hint?

KHJ: Essay. :-)

Jan. 6th, 2010... On the set of the educational clip for "Good Neighbors"....

SF: You look very flamboyant today?

KHJ: Really? We're in the midst of producing an educational video clip about taking part in good deeds. So I think that's why I look more flamboyant. Not the clothes. Or is it because of my outfit? :-)

Q: What's this filming for?

KHJ: It's an educational video clip that teaches children about doing good deeds from an early age. It's not boring but it does introduce children from the other side of the world, and presents footage with me narrating it so that the children can feel that other kids are living under tough conditions. And this clip will help you draw out the feelings of doing good deeds. 

**Fact: Kim Hyun Joo debuted in 1996 through singer Kim Hyun Chul's music video. At that time, she dominated the commercial industry with her bright image, and became a top-notch star.**

Q: In your 15th year since your debut, what has changed the most?

KHJ: I think I've gotten prettier since then. ^^, At that time I was young so I was pretty but truthfully nothing big has changed. My heart's still the same since then and now. But I think those who see me think otherwise. So to get on with the times I try to act like an adult but nothing has changed since then and now. If there's anything it's that my physical strength is a bit... (she laughs) and that I pay a bit more attention when smiling?

Q: Most memorable production?

KHJ: The drama called "Glass Slippers" is for me, my favorite work from all of my productions... I think that drama gave me the opportunity to interview with Arirang TV. The drama was well-loved overseas and gave me a chance to make many overseas fans. And so that became a turning point and whether it was acting or other things it made me mature more. And amongst all the dramas I've done it was one that received the most love.




Q: Appearing in the drama "Boys Over Flowers?"

KHJ: It was really fun. A lot of handsome and glowing actors appeared so it was enjoyable filming together.

Q: What made you decide to appear in it?

KHJ: I did that production with the thought of wanting to show a different image, and when working on a drama with my name on it it's really difficult to do those characters so I thought that it was a good opportunity as I was just taking a break then, so in all honesty I appeared in it with the thought that it would be fun to play with a light heart. But unlike what I thought there were a lot of scenes and it kept increasing, I just thought that it was new and a lot of fun, it would be nice to try on a lot of pretty clothes, but the reaction in Korea was good and many said that they enjoyed and liked seeing a new side of me so I was happy as well. And hearing that it was popular overseas as well made me feel good and I think I should do more roles like this in the future.

Q: Any characters you want to act?

KHJ: I want to act a character that has a lot of fire. Until now I was the byword of poverty... (laughing) but I've always wanted to try unique characters. For example a mentally ill person or an addict. I think I'll pull it off perfectly.





Q: Happiest moment?

KHJ: I don't think I had any but looking back I think it was overall happy. After "Glass Slippers" I took my first break and at that time I took a two-year break in Korea. I think I was happy then. The production ended well and for the first time since my debut I was on my first break, so I have good memories about that time. Even now I think I'm doing well.




Unlike her prim image, Kim Hyun-joo performed tough and common characters to perfection. She could have remained as an actress who only had beauty, but that was not the case for Kim Hyun-joo , who always chose unexpected characters.

Q: What kind of an actress do you want to be remembered as?

KHJ: I don't think "how" is important. I think just becoming a person who others remember is important. Being remembered means that a person has a distinct color and I found out that it wasn't an easy job to find and take care of that color. I think one succeeds just by doing that. So I wish I can just be an actress who is remembered.


Q: Last words?

KHJ: Every time the new year comes around I promise that I will meet everyone a step closer but that wasn't the case last year I think. I hope this year will be filled  with meeting everyone through good productions and good news as often as possible. I will do my best to find a good project as soon as possible and get closer to everyone. Thank you for enjoying you date with me until now. Happy New Year! Thank you. :-)

**Kim Hyun-joo is a lovable actress who never looses her smile. We can feel that she is really happy through her lovely smile. Actress Kim Hyun-joo lingers in many people's memories. We'll keep an eye on her success, and see what distinct color she will show in the future.**


No comments:

Post a Comment